Jurlique vs The Body Shop

BRAND BATTLES:
The two brands Jurlique and The Body Shop, are quite popular, similar in price (Jurlique I feel is more expensive), but which brand is better for service, price and quality? Welcome Jurlique and The Body Shop to the Battle Ring.
Jurlique
Quality:
Jurlique is very natural, which all of their products originating from some sort of plant or flower. With this in mind, they try and target those who want something more natural to their skin, and treats their skin with more delicacy than your average person.
ALL of their products, including oil and combination skin formulated products, can be used on average sensitive skin. As I said, they target and want people to take more care of their skin, by treating it like it should, with some tender, love and care. The products are designed not to change the effect of the skin immediately, but have long term effects. For example, when I believed I had combination skin, I had used a Jurlique cleanser, hoping it would stop any oiliness in the T zone - Purifying Foaming Cleanser. It didn't seem like the other cleansers as it was light, and didn't sting. I didn't even really feel the big difference immediately after I cleansed, because usually there was some sort of menthol, or mint, and parts of my skin would feel a bit dry. Instead, I feel my skin balance out in oils, and feel more natural and soft.

All Jurlique products I have used and my mum has used, have been so luxurious, and light on the skin, which is super nice! There is a lot of knowledge about skin care in the brand, and personally I have never had a complaint about the brand's quality.
10/10

Price:
I believe Jurlique is in the high end of the skin care market. Though it's not like La Mer or Chanel, but the products are pricey, with clenasers being around $40 AUD, and moisturisers being around the $80 price point. Personally, I LOVE the quality to price, and believe it's totally worth it.
8/10

Service:
Once you enter a Jurlique store, it's earthy, clean and absolutely calming. The staff are generally friendly, and if not, they are really knowledgeable about skin care,
I've been fitted for skin care routines - always dry and sensitive, which sometimes I didn't believe in (my oil and combination stage), but they have always been pretty much right.
The website reflects their calm and knowledge, as I find their website PERFECT for anyone researching their products. Not paypal though, but what shopping site has paypal anyway?
8/10

The Body Shop
Quality:
 The quality of the body shop product vary a lot. The store offers a lot more products in comparison to Jurlique, and even offers makeup. I have found some of the products labelled under their names are quite accurate, but if you ever branch off from your REAL skin type, you will suffer a lot.
For example, during the time I believed I had oily skin, I grabbed the seaweed cleanser and cream. OH MY lord. They stung, and dried my skin until it was as flaky as a Canadian snow storm.
Some of the products only work towards a few particular skin types. Eg, even though I have dry skin, the Body Butters don't work because of how dry my skin is and how thick of thickener they are, so they just sit on top of my skin.
Though, products do work if you trial the right ones for you.
The ingredient in comparison to Jurlique, are more artificial  and there is a lot of fragrance. All the body butters may have some parts of real natural scent, but there is a lot of added perfume, which is not the best for ANY skin type. There is a lot of preservatives too...

From my experience, the Body Shop just isn't that great. The quality is mediocre, unless you have tried everything, and found something that works for you.
3/10

Price:
Much less pricey in comparison to Jurlique, with cleansers being around the $20 AUD mark, and the moisturisers being around the $40 mark. Even though it is a middle range brand, the quality isn't worth the money, and being over hyped by teenage girls doesn't help my wallet... I have found products in the drugstore for a bit less, but working MUCH better
5/10

Service:
I found some of the staff quite knowledgeable, but some are just plain stupid. When I asked for some help on my dry bits, a lady told me to use the mattifying lotion (oily skincare line), so when I put makeup on top, it would look better. Her logic with skin care sucks. Never the less, their staff is pretty average, but most of them are pretty bubbly!
Website shows that the brand doesn't centre around skincare, as the first tab is makeup. But, the website is similar to the brands personality, fun and exciting. It's a clean website, and I like it. No paypal either.
7/10

Overall, my bias with Jurlique wins this Brand Battle. I think the products are nicer in quality, and are almost spa like. The price point, is pretty high (I'm nearly broke... lol), but is totally worth it. It's easy to be able to just pick up any product and use it on my skin without scarring it for life!
If you disagree, leave a comment, and tell me what you feel about these two brands.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment