Roskin Coal Tar Shampoo Review

Hey y'all,
Redwin Coal Tar Fragrance Shampoo
As a gal with psoriasis and a bit of dermatitis, and also just a flaky scalp in generally, I checked out the Roskin Coal Tar Shampoo from the supermarket. For the cheap $5 price tag (but only for 250ml), obviously suspicion is a natural feeling to have. 
It's the first week of using it, and here is my first update. Before I begin, some background knowledge of my hair/scalp:
-Stopped using shampoo for 6 months (no poo *diet*)
-using elocon on scalp (prescription)
-now using something else prescription based
-fine hair, oily/flaky scalp

THIRD AND LAST UPDATE - Shampoo once every 2.5 days
-Absolutely horrible and dry.What happened? My hair is stripped of oils, left with split ends. Never suffered from split ends, so, very interesting experience. 

-Flaking. Terrible flaking issues. A lot more psoriasis than usual. Patchy and big and small flakes visible.

-Itchy. The hope that it will not itch as much, has been lost. My scalp is bleeding from my scratching. Barely any sebum left, very dry scalp. Irritation may be the cause of this itching.

SECOND UPDATE - Shampoo once every 3 days:
-Same as first update. Amazingly, no truly bad things have come up. The only thing I want to mention before you go and read the first update, is that I found that I have to use quite a lot of it, it truly get a good lather. Maybe I was optimistic last week, but the lather isn't that great, and I've already use about 1/5 of the product in two weeks. But I guess that should be normal.

-Flaking. There hasn't really been a big difference in the flaking issue, though I was looking at my scalp this morning, ,and there seems to be quite a lot of dry patches. I'm a bit afraid, and there wasn't as much flaking last week. Will update next week.


FIRST UPDATE - Shampoo once every 3 days:

-Hair is really soft, and smooth. I hasn't damaged my hair - which is always a plus. Especially as damage is pretty obvious after a noo poo diet. 
-Little flakiness. I had very severe psoriasis for a bit, and now it's become mostly clear (yay), and surprisingly, i haven't seen any big flakes at all. Probably the least flakes I've seen for a very long time
-Little dry/oily scalp. There is just least dry and oil on my scalp. It's just pretty, ummm, great.
-Lather is good. Lathers really well, but lather in the hair instead of hands. Generally is better.

-It's only been a week. I'm scared that this is just being really good, because it's my first week back on the shampoo train. Will update next week :) 

But for now, I'm loving it. Negative reviews in the internet gave me low expectations, but I think it's really a pretty good shampoo. Scent is pretty decent as well.

I don't recommend it all, it's just not worth it to damage your hair and irritate your scalp.  x
y
For those who care a lot about ingredients - copy and rotate on computer :)





1 comment:

  1. I would like to know where i can buy redwin coal tar shampoo in 20 LTR containers

    ReplyDelete