Flakey skin



Hey guys, it's Zowie Power here and I'm super excited to introduce to you a few tips and tricks which can get that dehydrated and flaky skin back into the smooth skin you like!
I know that heaps of girls and guys out there jhave oily skin, and I'm pretty sure more people are oily than dry, therefore there are WAY more products out there for oily skin. Think about Neutrogena, Garnier, Clean and Clear, Proactiv, etc. I've also wanted to try Proactiv too, but I know that it'll probably make my skin dry, so here are my tips for those who just can't find something hydrating in the skin care market.

Try and stay with some natural products for cleansing.
Heaps of cleanser say they don't dry your skin, but everyone I've tried, except for an 50 dollar bottle of senstive face cleanser from Jurlique (recommended!) is harsh, and super drying. And those which don't, leave this oily residue, and generally, I don't think they understand that dry skin doesn't need this layer of skin on top of the skin, it just needs some natural oils and hydration! So, trying to use some natural products, which don't have chemicals, really refreshes you skin. For example, if I have the extra 30 seconds in my day, I would use oats as a cleanser. Just rubbed them together under luke warm water, in your fist, and then scrub lightly. It really is hydrating, and gives you an exfoliator which doesn't dry down your skin. For toners, I generally just reach for Witch Hazel, because it soothes my redness, but having dry skin makes you easier off as you don't really need toner. I would recommend it though, if you have acne. And moisturers come in handy for dry skiners. I find that it really depends on your liking, but I do like the Nivea Q10 Night Creme 
for a day and night time use. It doesn't break me out, and after about 30 seconds, your skin has it all sunken in, and it has a mini tingly sensation. But, it really depends on your dryness level too! 

For a mask, I use all types!
Before the shower, I would generally spray a light mist of Olive Oil
all over my face, and let it sit for about 20 seconds or so. Then I hope into y shower, use a foaming cleanser, and wash it off. If my skin feels a bit stressed, I use Neutrogena's Deep Clean Cream Cleanser. I love this for a mask! It's really nice, and it has menthol in it, so it feels like you have be in like, a tsunami but on your face! Generally for that, I leave it on for about 2 minutes or so in the shower. And just rinse it off. But it is oil free, so I do layer on some more moisturiser than usual.
I generally don't like exfoliators in my skin, but dry skin loves chemical exfoliators. So try using a mask with some water, lemon and lavender essence (use paper towel as a mask sheet) and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Not too much lemon or the pH level will go too low and won't neutralise your face.

I hope that helps and hydrates your face!
x
Zowie



No comments:

Post a Comment