Skincare Basics: Suncare

A few people had asked me about suncare lately, especially with Australia's raging heatwaves and the fabulous hole in the ozone layer letting all the UV rays penetrate through out skin and kill us all. So, I've decided to treat you guys with my favourite things about taking care of your skin in the sun.

SUNSCREEN:
Ahh, the glistening skin which is just perfectly shiny in the bright sunlight. Or, the grease dirt trapping skin which makes you feel 5 times more hot than you actually are, isn't that fabulous. Sunscreen is horrible, as it never will be not greasy unless you decide to spend half your wallet on basic sunscreen. So, here is a way to embrace sunscreen with makeup.
we are back with the crappy drawn diagrams :D I love using mineral powder during the summer, and it usually has SPF as well. The great thing is that it stops all that grease trapping, and makes you look fabulous, while also having a lot of SPF on your face to protect you. For the rest of your skin, I love using a lot of rice powder to make your body look matte, but it makes you feel heavy, and just like you are wearing a bit of powder everywhere. Unless you are going to some sort of red carpet thing, where no flash is going to be taken, and you need to look matte all over your body, you probably can just slap some sunscreen on and look great as per usual.

CREAMS:
I usually stay away from creams during the hot periods. sunscreen has a basic cream in it, which leaves my skin feeling pretty moisturised for a while during the day. At night, I similarly avoid creams, and I guess it's a personal thing.

ALOE VERA:
It's fabulous - I do use this after a day in the sun - so at night. I just apply all over legs and arms, and I have no idea why, but it's enough for my very dry legs and arms.

That's actually all that I do for suncare, most people spend a lot of time figuring out suncare, but I find using sunscreen, and follow all that 'stay in the shade' 'wear long sleeves hahahahaahaa die you idiot from heat stroke' advice the government gives you, you'll be perfectly fine!
xyz

No comments:

Post a Comment